3.2 kg(A) Beef Shin+
approx. 3.7 litres(B) Water#
1 kg(C) Rendang Paste*
440 gm(D) Prima Coconut Premix*
* Items available from Prima Taste
# Note: Volume of water added can vary due to the size of pot and the beef used (beef from different parts of the world can have different textures).
+ You may use other beef cuts that are suitable for stew or other types of meat such as chicken and lamb.
- Step A: Cooking Procedures
- 1. Add (A) Beef Shin into boiling (B) Water and cook over medium heat for 15 mins. Remove beef shin from water and cut into chunks. Set water aside for later use.
- 2. Stir-fry (C) Rendang Paste for 2 mins on high heat in a pot.
- 3. Add beef chunks and stir-fry for 7 mins.
- 4. Stir and mix well half packet of (D) Prima Coconut Premix and (B) Water (from Step A1) into a bowl. Add mixture into pot and bring to boil on high heat.
- 5. Cover pot, lower heat and simmer for 3 hrs. Stir occasionally and add water intermittently into pot (volume of water must be always sufficient to cover above the meat. Cooking time may vary for different beef cuts and power of stove fire).
- 6. Add and mix well balance Prima Coconut Premix into pot about 10 mins before end of cooking time. Continue to simmer till gravy is slightly thicken and glossy. (Gravy should cover half the beef chunks and should not be too thick.)
- Step B: Serving Suggestion
- Beef Rendang
- 1. Serve with warm rice or bread.
- Prima Coconut Premix
- Store in cool, dry place. After opening, keep pack refrigerated and use within 3 days.
- Estimated Yield Per Packet
- Rendang Paste per packet (1 kg) - No. of Portions: 14
- Prima Coconut Premix per packet (440 gm) - No. of Portions: 14