Singapore Satay (Singapore Kebab)
Satay Meat - 120 sticks
1.75 kg(A) Chicken Leg (with skin)
450 gm(B) Singapore Satay Marinade*
as desired(C) Vegetable Oil (for Step A3)
Note: Chicken leg should be sliced to about 3.5 x 0.5 cm and 0.5 cm thick.
Satay Gravy - 240 sticks
1 kg(D) Singapore Satay Sauce Mix*
1.52 litres(E) Water
220 ml(F) Vegetable Oil (for Step B2)
850 gm(G) Singapore Satay Peanut Paste*
as desiredRed Onions
as desiredKetupat (compressed rice cakes)
* Items available from Prima Taste
- Step A: Cooking Procedures
- To cook satay meat
- 1. Mix (A) Chicken Leg with (B) Singapore Satay Marinade. Leave in chiller for at least 6 hours.
- 2. Thread meat on satay sticks or skewers. Flatten meat with the back of a spoon for a quicker and more even cooking.
- 3. Brush satay sticks with (C) Vegetable Oil.
- 4. Grill satay sticks till cooked.
- Note: Each slice of Chicken leg should weigh about 4.8 - 5gm and each stick of satay should weigh about 15 gm.
- Step B: Satay Gravy
- 1. Pour (D) Singapore Satay Sauce Mix and (E) Water into a pot. Stir and heat on low heat till almost boiling.
- 2. Add (F) Vegetable Oil and mix well. When gravy is boiling, add (G) Singapore Satay Peanut Paste and mix well.
- 3. When a layer of oil forms on top of gravy, turn off heat.
- Step C: Serving Suggestion
- 5. Singapore Satay
- 1. Cut Cucumber, Red Onions and Ketupat, and place on a plate with the grilled satay.
- 2. Serve Singapore Satay hot with satay gravy.
- Singapore Satay Marinade
- Singapore Satay Sauce Mix
- Singapore Satay Peanut Paste
- Store in cool, dry place. After opening, keep pack refrigerated and use within 3 days.
- Estimated Yield Per Packet
- Singapore Satay Marinade (450 gm per packet x 2 pkts) - No. of Portions: 240 sticks
- Singapore Satay Sauce Mix per packet (1 kg) - No. of Portions: 240 sticks
- Singapore Satay Peanut Paste per packet (850 gm) - No. of Portions: 240 sticks